Embarking on a journey to become a Pokemon master in Pokemon GO requires more than just capturing rare creatures and conquering gyms. To truly excel in this augmented reality game, you’ll need to amass Stardust – a valuable resource that powers up your Pokemon and fuels your progress.
In this guide, we’ll unravel how to get stardust in Pokemon Go efficiently, enabling you to enhance your Pokemon team and dominate battles like never before. Let’s dive into the world of Stardust accumulation and unleash its full potential!
Let’s get started!
What is Stardust?
Stardust is a fundamental and versatile resource in the world of Pokemon GO. It represents the fine cosmic particles that are used to power up and evolve your Pokemon. This enchanting substance is essential for enhancing your Pokemon’s combat capabilities, making them stronger and more formidable in battles. Each Pokemon species requires a specific amount of Stardust to advance their level and become a more potent asset in your collection.
Why is Stardust Important?
Stardust serves as the lifeblood of your journey to becoming a Pokemon master. Its importance lies in several key aspects of the game:
Powering Up Pokemon
To maximize the potential of your Pokemon, you’ll need to invest in Stardust. As your Pokemon level up, their combat stats, such as CP (Combat Power), increase, making them more competitive in gyms and raids.
Unlocking Secondary Moves
Stardust is also necessary to unlock and power up a second charged move for your Pokemon. This feature can significantly improve your Pokemon’s versatility in battles, allowing them to use different types of attacks.
Trading and PvP Battles
Stardust is a crucial component when trading Pokemon with other players. Depending on your friendship level and the Pokemon’s distance, trading can cost varying amounts of Stardust. Additionally, entering certain PvP battles and tournaments may require Stardust as an entry fee.
Balancing Stardust Investment
Stardust is a finite resource, and managing it wisely is key to success. You’ll need to make strategic decisions about which Pokemon to power up and when to ensure you have a balanced and potent team.
Ways to Collect Stardust
1. Catching Pokemon
Catching Pokemon is one of the most common and straightforward ways to accumulate Stardust in Pokemon GO. Each time you capture a Pokemon, you earn Stardust as a reward. The amount of Stardust you receive depends on the species of the Pokemon and whether it’s a regular catch or a special event catch.
2. Hatching Eggs
Hatching Eggs is another reliable method to gain Stardust. When you incubate and hatch eggs, you are rewarded with Stardust. The amount of Stardust you receive from hatched eggs varies depending on the type of egg, with rarer eggs generally yielding more Stardust.
3. Feeding Berries at Gyms
Interacting with Gyms in your area can also help you collect Stardust. By feeding Berries to Pokemon defending Gyms, you not only increase their motivation but also earn Stardust as a bonus. This is a helpful way to passively accumulate Stardust as you support your team’s Gym defenders.
4. Completing Field Research Tasks
Engaging in Field Research tasks provided by PokéStops can be a rewarding way to gather Stardust. Many Field Research tasks offer Stardust as a reward for successful completion. Keep an eye out for these tasks when spinning PokéStops.
5. Participating in Raids and Trainer Battles
Engaging in Raids and Trainer Battles can yield substantial amounts of Stardust. Raid Battles against powerful Pokemon provide the chance to capture the Raid Boss and receive Stardust as a reward. Trainer Battles, including both the Go Battle League and battles with friends, offer Stardust as well, with increased rewards for winning battles and reaching higher ranks.
To learn more, you can also check out this article from CharlieIntel.
Maximizing Stardust Yield
We have already covered how to get stardust in Pokemon Go but how to maximize the yield? Let’s discuss it!
1. Prioritizing Pokemon to Catch
To maximize your Stardust yield, it’s important to prioritize which Pokemon you catch. Focus on the following:
- High CP Pokemon: Pokemon with higher CP values typically yield more Stardust when caught. Keep an eye out for Pokemon with CP levels above average.
- Evolution Pokemon: Pokemon that are part of an evolutionary line often yield more Stardust when caught. Catching their pre-evolved forms can be especially beneficial.
- Weather Boost: During in-game weather conditions that boost specific types, prioritize catching Pokemon of that type. Weather-boosted Pokemon provide more Stardust and have a better chance of being high-level.
2. Using Star Pieces
Star Pieces are in-game items that increase the amount of Stardust you earn for a limited duration. To maximize your Stardust yield, use Star Pieces strategically:
- Stacking Bonuses: Whenever possible, activate Star Pieces during events or when multiple Stardust-boosting activities are active, such as catching Pokemon, hatching eggs, and completing Field Research tasks.
- Gym Feeding: If you plan to spend time feeding Berries at Gyms, activate a Star Piece to maximize the Stardust you earn while supporting Gym defenders.
3. Events and Bonuses
Pokemon GO frequently hosts special events and bonuses that offer increased Stardust rewards. Keep an eye on the in-game announcements and community events to take advantage of these opportunities:
- Community Days: During Community Days, specific Pokemon spawn more frequently, often with Stardust bonuses for catches.
- Spotlight Hours: Weekly Spotlight Hours feature a specific Pokemon with increased spawn rates and Stardust rewards.
- Special Research: Completing special research tasks or event-specific challenges often provides substantial Stardust rewards.
4. Trading Pokemon
Trading Pokemon with friends is another way to earn Stardust. Keep in mind that the amount of Stardust required for trading depends on factors such as friendship level and the distance between the Pokemon’s original capture locations. Trading Pokemon that are not yet registered in your Pokedex can also yield additional Stardust bonuses.
To learn more about maximizing your stardust yield, you can also check out EuroGamer’s article.
Stardust Management and Strategy
Now, let’s delve into specific aspects of optimizing your gameplay and stardust utilization.
1. Powering Up Pokemon
When it comes to powering up your Pokemon, it’s crucial to have a strategy in place to make the most of your Stardust. You should keep the following things in mind:
- Prioritize Key Pokemon: Focus your Stardust on Pokemon that are valuable for raids, gym battles, or PvP leagues. Legendary Pokemon, top-tier meta-Pokemon, and those with high individual values (IVs) should be top priorities.
- Consider Their Role: Understand the role each Pokemon plays on your team. Some are better suited for defense, while others excel in offense. Invest Stardust accordingly based on their strengths.
- Assess Move Sets: Pay attention to a Pokemon’s moveset. Sometimes, it’s more cost-effective to spend Stardust on a Pokemon with the right moves than to change the moves later.
- Level Cap: Keep in mind that there’s a level cap for powered-up Pokemon based on your Trainer level. Prioritize reaching that cap for your most essential Pokemon before spreading Stardust thinly across many.
2. Unlocking Secondary Moves
Unlocking a second charged move for your Pokemon can be a strategic advantage. Here’s how to manage it:
- Meta Relevance: For Pokemon used in raids or PvP, unlocking a secondary move can provide coverage against different types. Prioritize this for Pokemon that have a significant role in your team.
- Bargain Pokemon: Some Pokemon have cheaper secondary move unlock costs, making them cost-effective investments for expanding move coverage—research which Pokemon offer the best value.
- Community Day Moves: Consider waiting for Community Day events, as they often feature exclusive moves for certain Pokemon, making them more potent. Save your Stardust for these opportunities.
3. Trading and PvP Battles
Trading and PvP battles can impact your Stardust reserves. Manage them wisely:
- Trading for Distance: Trading Pokemon from a distance can be costly in terms of Stardust. Reserve these trades for valuable Pokemon that you need for your collection or lucky trades.
- PvP Battles: Engage in PvP battles to earn Stardust rewards. Participating in the Go Battle League or friendly battles with friends can help replenish your Stardust.
4. Balancing Stardust Investment
To maintain a healthy balance of Stardust, consider these tips:
- Set Priorities: Establish clear goals for your Stardust investments, such as powering up specific Pokemon for raids, preparing a team for PvP, or completing your Pokedex.
- Budget Stardust: Allocate a portion of your Stardust to long-term goals and short-term needs. This ensures you’re making progress while saving for future investments.
- Evaluate Return on Investment: Analyze how each Stardust expenditure benefits your gameplay. Make informed decisions based on the potential impact of each investment.
- Participate in Events: Take advantage of events, bonuses, and community days to collect more Stardust. These can help you advance your goals more efficiently.
Advanced Tips for Stardust Enthusiasts
Moving on to advanced tips for the dedicated Stardust enthusiasts, we’ll explore how Stardust-focused events, Community Days, Spotlight Hours, and the collaborative efforts of collecting Stardust with friends can further enhance your gameplay and team building.”
These special in-game events often offer boosted Stardust rewards for specific activities, making them an excellent opportunity to stock up on Stardust efficiently.
Community Days and Spotlight Hours
During these recurring events, certain Pokemon spawn more frequently, often with Stardust bonuses for catches, providing a concentrated burst of Stardust collection.
Collecting Stardust with Friends
Interacting with friends in Pokemon GO, whether through gifting or trading, can lead to increased Stardust rewards, encouraging social gameplay while accumulating resources.
Stardust and Team Building
Consider how Stardust investments align with your team-building strategy, ensuring that powered-up Pokemon contribute to a well-rounded and effective roster for battles and challenges.
Mastering the art of Stardust management and strategy in Pokemon GO is a journey filled with challenges and rewards. By understanding the various methods of collecting Stardust, optimizing your gameplay, and making informed decisions about powering up Pokemon, unlocking secondary moves, trading, and battling, you can truly become a Stardust enthusiast.
With dedication, careful planning, and a dash of teamwork, your Stardust reserves will grow, empowering your Pokemon to reach new heights. Let the Stardust be your guiding light on your path to becoming a Pokemon master in this captivating augmented reality adventure.
As mentioned, iFoneTool AnyGo is a tool that enables virtual location changes, allowing players to explore different features of the game without physically moving. However, it’s important to note that using such tools may violate the terms of service of Pokemon Go, potentially leading to penalties or bans from the game. Players should consider the risks and implications before utilizing such tools.