Snapchat is a popular social media app designed for fleeting and momentary interactions. It’s not built for long-term posts or exchanges, emphasizing the importance of living in the present.
Snapchat stories are a great way to interact with your friends and followers collectively. These stories are available to viewers for 24 hours, and then they disappear automatically. You can delete your story anytime if you must take it down beforehand.
Let’s review how to delete a Snapchat story. But before deleting it, consider saving it first to avoid losing your precious memories.
How to Save Stories and Snaps
It’s a good idea to save your Snapchat story before deleting it if you change your mind later because once you delete it, there’s no way to recover it.
You can preserve your entire story. Simply tap the download icon among the icons next to “My Story.” This action will save all the snaps in your story directly to your phone’s camera roll.
If Snapchat lacks permission to access your camera roll, a prompt requesting authorization to save snaps to your camera roll will appear. In this case, you should tap “Yes,” which will lead you to your phone’s settings, where you can manage Snapchat’s permissions.
Now, if you’re not interested in saving your entire story and only wish to preserve specific snaps within it, you can do so without any issues:
- Expand “My Story” to display all the snaps it contains.
- Select the snap you want to save.
- Tap the download icon located in the lower left-hand corner.
- Like the story, this action will save the selected snap to your camera roll. Depending on your device’s settings, you may need to permit Snapchaton to carry out this action.
How to Delete Snapchat Story
Now that you’ve successfully saved the snaps you wish to keep, let’s learn how to delete Snapchat stories.
- Expand “My Story” to reveal all the snaps within it.
- Select the snap you want to delete.
- Tap on the garbage can icon in the screen’s lower left-hand corner.
- In the confirmation box labeled “Delete this Snap?” tap “Delete.”
Repeat these steps for each photo you want to remove. Since Snapchat doesn’t offer the feature of deleting the whole Snapchat story together, you will have to delete images individually.
However, if you encounter a situation where a deleted story still appears to your followers or on your profile page due to a Snapchat server glitch, you can follow these steps for a quick solution:
- Open the persisting snap that refuses to delete. Tap the search option and go to “Snap Guide.”
- Hold the button and wait for a few seconds.
- A menu will appear on the screen. Tap on the Trash button from the left corner.
- The app will ask for a reason to remove the snap from your account.
This way, your image or video story will be permanently removed from your account, even if it was not deleted initially. If the problem persists, you can also try clearing Snapchat’s cache or reporting the issue to Snapchat.
We provided a simple and hassle-free method for how to delete Snapchat stories. Deleting your Snap stories is as straightforward as posting a Snap status. Whether you want to remove a single snap story or multiple ones before they automatically vanish, you can follow the steps provided for iPhone, iPad, or Android phones.
iFoneTool AnyGois an amazing location-changing app that allows you to set a fake GPS location on your smartphone, fooling apps like Life360 into believing you are in a different place. It will enable players to explore different regions and locations within the game.
Another practical approach to changing your perceived location is using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) like AnyGo. By connecting to a VPN server in a different geographic region, you can mask your actual location and appear as if you are in another world. iFoneTool AnyGo offers these capabilities, allowing you to manipulate locations easily and enhance your digital experiences.